The Varscona Theatre is the final adaptation of a 1950’s era fire hall into a dedicated performing arts venue. The original fire station was converted to a theatre in 1982, but within the confines and limitations of the original building. The new adaptation extends the lobby out to the street while preserving the existing brick garage as the container for the theatre chamber. The chamber itself is an uncompromised 200 seat venue that maintains the intimate feel of the original smaller chamber.
Location Edmonton, AB Completion January 2016