Featuring the phased construction of a two-storey, 3,185 square metre building, The Father Lacombe K-9 Catholic School replacement project was completed in 2022 with targeted LEED Silver Certification.
Construction took place in three phases while the existing school remained occupied for the first two phases. The new gym and required services spaces were built first to allow students to utilize the space after their existing gym was demolished.
Key components include:
- Open learning commons space with a presentation stair, and reading nook through the underside of the stair
- Open breakout rooms for younger grades, and close breakout rooms for older grades
- Ancillary classrooms including music, media, and a multipurpose classroom
- Custom cubbies on the lower floor for younger student storage
- Clerestory pop up to bring natural light into interior spaces with wood Westdek exposed ceiling
- Roof solar array