Group2 is committed to sustainability in architecture and urban design. Our work responds to environmental concerns and applies our knowledge of industry standards to establish true measures of building performance, material alternatives, conservation strategies, and ecological impact. This systemic approach also considers the impact of built form on human experience, and the significant contribution architecture can make towards creating vibrant and resilient communities.
Sustainability Starts With Design
Our commitment to creating sustainable projects begins at the onset of the design process and must involve the client, stakeholders, and the entire consulting team. This involves applying sustainable approaches to all aspects of the project, from site selection to material specifications. Our experience with sustainable design requirements provides the expertise needed to select approaches that provide the best return on investment for our clients.
The current industry standard for measuring sustainable practices in design and construction is Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification. LEED is the most widely recognized green building rating system and provides the legitimacy of a third party review. We believe that is it crucial to also look beyond the LEED criteria and continue to research innovations in environmentally conscious design, sustainable construction, and overall carbon footprint. The pursuit for more progressive standards has set us on a trajectory of discovery and has led to our involvement in leading research on sustainability, such as our work with the University of Calgary on PassivHaus.
- South Fish Creek Arena Expansion, Calgary AB LEED® Certified
- Our Lady of Wisdom School, Chestermere AB LEED® Gold
- Good Shepherd School, Airdrie, AB LEED® Silver
- McKenzie Towne Site G, Calgary, AB LEED® Silver
- University of Alberta Triffo Hall, Edmonton AB LEED® Gold
- Holy Trinity Academy 9-12, Calgary, AB LEED® Gold
- Red Deer College Four Centres Addition, LEED® Gold
- 1st Choice Savings and Credit Union, Lethbridge AB LEED® Silver
- Our Lady of the Snows / Ecole Notre Dame des Monts K-12 School, Canmore LEED® Silver
- McKenzie Towne Plaza - Phase 1 LEED Certified (Core & Shell), Calgary LEED® Silver
- Group2 is a founding member of the Canada Green Building Council.
- Meadows Recreation Centre and Edmonton Public Library, LEED® Silver